Last week the kids and I spent 4 days in Sandy. One of my best friends from high school was in Salt Lake to record a CD with the choir she is in. I was so excited to see her! The choir director kept changing their schedule so I decided just to spend most of the week down there so I could be there when she had some free time.
I did get to see Megan and her husband Earl Wed evening. We had fun chatting at my parents' house :) I am sure she thought my kids are crazy. Olivia needed to go down to BYU wed afternoon so we tagged along. It was fun to walk around campus. I got to visit with my graduate adviser - Dr Nyland- and we got Creamery Ice Cream while we were there. On our way out of town we stopped by to see my Grandma Payne for a few minutes which was very nice! But the kids had had enough of being in the car by the time we picked Megan and Earl up! Nicole wanted to eat so we had to make a stop for her and Blake kept picking on Nicole on our way from downtown to my parents place. Earl was very nice and wandered around my parents' backyard with Blake for a while when we arrived at my parents' place. Blake loved that! Then bed time was our usual hour long process with Blake so while trying to talk to Megan, I had to keep going and putting Blake back in bed. That's my life right now I suppose :) Somehow I didn't get any pictures of Megan - in fact I took very few pictures this trip!
Me and Blake at BYU:
While we were in Sandy, my Grandma and Grandpa Davis came up to have lunch with us. It was fun to visit with them! They brought us tasty pecans from a pecan farm down in Hurricane, Utah. They had just returned from a trip to St George so the pecans were fresh - boy are they delicious! I had planned to bake with them but I have enjoyed snacking on them so much that they may not make it into any baked goods :)
Nicole was happy right before I took this picture...guess the camera needs to be a little faster! Nicole is quite the mommy's girl these days!
No comments:
Post a Comment