Friday, August 17, 2012

Landscaping

Well, I may have finally turned a corner in this pregnancy (crossing my fingers)! I have not only felt good most of the day, but have also actually had a lot of energy the past 2 days :)  So yesterday and this morning I worked on landscaping the front of our house. Nathan helped me with the paving stones last night too.

So here is the before...well, this was last Sept after we got sod:

 Here is what things look like at the moment:



I still have some Iris I am going to be planting over here:


(Click on images to see them larger)

I hit a cash sale at a local garden store on Wednesday and got something like 23 shrubs/ground cover (and a few of the 23 were 4 packs of smaller ground cover) for $96 and then I bought some paving stones at Lowe's yesterday in the heat of the afternoon for a little break :)

We still have half of the plants I bought to put in the ground! Those will mostly be going along the west side of our house I think.

The front of our house is looking tons better already! I can't wait to see how everything fills in in years to come!

1 comment:

JeAnna said...

Looks awesome. Glad you are feeling better. Maybe someday we will hang out again :-)