Friday, January 25, 2013

Nicole Turns 2!

Nicole turned 2 at the beginning of the month! We had a lot of fun celebrating! Nathan's parents came over a few days before and gave Nicole some cute slipper boots:

She got to open gifts from her mom, dad and Blake when she woke up on her birthday:
 Unfortunately she was sick on her birthday so she missed church. We just had a lazy afternoon with her trying to help her feel better. I made her a giant cookie instead of cake since she doesn't like cake and only put candles on her piece of "cake" because I didn't want everyone else to get sick.
 The Saturday after her birthday, my family (Mom, Dad, Olivia, aunt Paula, and Grandma and Grandpa Davis) came up to celebrate. I was glad we had a party when Nicole was feeling better! We had a delicious lunch at Firehouse. Then, Nicole got to open more gifts:
 A picture of all the girls in the Davis family:
 Blake and Nicole showing some love:
 Round 2 of the giant birthday cookie:
 This time I frosted it to make it look cuter:
 The kids playing fireman with their Great-Grandpa Davis:
 Nicole and her Mommy:
We are so grateful that Nicole is part of our family! Some things about Nicole at 2 years old:


Nicole is quite the talker – and singer. Nicole Loves to sing songs! Her favorite song to sing is “Happy Birthday”, but she can also sing “ABC song,” “Once there was a Snowman,” “I am a Child of God,” “Ring around the Rosies,” and a few others on her own. She can also sing several other Primary songs if I am singing them. Nicole also loves books and has a few memorized – her favorite one to read all by herself is “Moo, Baa, LaLaLa”. 

Nicole is a very independent little girl - she can put on her own socks and pants – her shirt she still needs help with. And depending on the shoes, she does that on her own too. She also insists on feeding herself most of the time too. She is getting pretty good at not making too big of a mess most of the time. I think I would have to say Nicole’s favorite foods are black beans, cheese, bananas, and noodles. 

Nicole loves the doll she got for Christmas and the little wagon…she loves to pull the doll in a little wagon we have. It will be interesting to see how she is with our baby – I am sure she will want to be in the middle of everything! 

No comments: