Here is a re-cap of most of our March...post to come about Easter weekend.
First, Feb 28 was Kiersten's 2 week check-up. She is growing
well – 7lb 13oz. Her height, weight and head circumference are all right around
the 50th percentile. She had to get her heel stuck for the newborn
screening at the appointment – she did NOT like that! Nicole was very sweet and was trying to
comfort Kiersten. Blake helped the nurse by getting the bandaid for her. Both Blake and Nicole care a lot about their baby sister already.
March 1 - Blake and Nicole playing ponies with Kiersten:
March 3 - Nathan and the kids after church:
March 6 - Nicole trying to carry Kiersten...she is always wanting to help her sister!
March 9 - I finally caught an awake smile on camera:
March 10 - Kiersten was 1 day shy of being 1 month old so we decided to take some family pictures after church:
March 16 - Happy Nicole:
March 18 - tummy time:
March 19 - Nathan and I had our first date since Kiersten was born. My cousin Kinzie
came over to babysit Blake and Nicole while Nathan and I went to see the movie Lincoln. Kiersten came
with us, but she slept the whole time – besides when she woke up to eat. After
the movie, we stopped by Smith’s Marketplace to get ice cream. Since we had
some time, we walked around for a minute too. It was really nice to get out
with Nathan!
March 23 - Nathan and I got to go on our second date of the week! SDL had a nice banquet for employees
and a guest, so Cindy came over to watch the kids – all three. It was our first
time leaving Kiersten with anyone. I had mixed feelings about leaving her – I
didn’t really want to but I wanted a few hours alone with Nathan too. Dinner was really nice. It was a
buffet banquet at the Riverwoods conference center catered by the Elements. The
food was so good! Chicken Marsala, salmon, and prime rib with a variety of
sides. German Chocolate cake or Crème Brule for dessert. After eating, they had
a short program and then the USERF band played. It was a really nice evening!
March 25- all 3 kids in the same room for the first time at night...I don't do well with our kids sleeping in the same room as us. All 3 have been noisy sleepers. We had been moving the bassinet into the playroom at night since Kiersten was 2 weeks old. By the end of March she was only waking up once at night so we thought we would try having everyone in the same room. It worked great! Blake and Nicole slept through her waking up to eat. Now (at least for the past week and a little bit), Kiersten is sleeping through the night. I feed her around 8pm, she goes to sleep around 9pm and then she sleeps until 7:30/8am usually...it is amazing! I keep waiting for my luck to run out! Neither of the other kids slept through the night this young.







1 comment:
Love the smile shot you caught of Kiersten. ;) I too love dates out with my husband...we're trying to stock up on them now before our #3 arrives.
p.s. Tell Blake I really like his Jazz bedspread. ;)
Post a Comment