Sunday, November 24, 2013

June 2013

June update.

We worked a lot in the garden! This year Nathan built a hoop house so that we could start our tomatoes much earlier than usual and it worked really well! We also tried potatoes for the first time.



Kiersten at 4 months. She is still my LITTLE girl: 11# 6oz(10%) and 23 2/3 inches (30%). She is a good sleeper - most nights she sleeps from 7:30pm to 5/6am, eats and then sleeps again til after 7/8am! She also naps 3 times a day for at least an hour each time. She discovered her feet in June, is "talking" more and definitely knows who mommy and daddy are. Her eyes are getting a brown tint to them...I think we will have a brown eyed girl!

Nathan and I found a good deal on a play house for the backyard. Blake and Nicole loved it and I am sure next summer Kiersten will be joining the fun!

June 8 - We hiked up Bell's Canyon with my parents and sister. Beautiful! From a few spots on the trail you could see the whole Salt Lake Valley and at the top was a beautiful reservoir.



June 8- after our hike we celebrated my Dad's birthday. I caught this cut photo of Nathan and Kiersten:

Blake was quite the photographer and got these great photos of my Grandma Davis, my Mom and my Dad:



 No birthday celebration would be complete without some cake. Olivia made this delicious German Chocolate cake!

Playing with Daddy on Father's Day:

Blake and Nicole love going down the street to the Kelsey's house! Since they live 5 doors down I make them hold hands and walk together and then I watch them. This day they even came home holding hands! I had to get a picture because I know one day they will NOT want to hold hands with each other!


We went over to the park to participate in some activities for Nibley Heritage Days. The first pictures is Blake and Nicole lining up for the candy cannon :) The second is cute Kiersten hanging out in the stroller:



Nicole helped me make Boston Cream Pie cupcakes for the missionaries who came to dinner (recipe: http://summer.privateselection.com/recipe/boston-cr%C3%A8me-pie-cupcakes/). They turned out really good!

I tried a new braid on Nicole's hair. I am amazed that sits still long enough for me to braid her hair!
 Another braid:

We went swimming with Nathan's Mom, his sister Daphne and Daphne's kids. All of the kids love the pool so it was fun to go together!

We bought a membership to the American West Heritage Center so we spent A LOT of time there this summer starting in June. It is about 5 minutes from our house and they do a lot of living history activities, it is a running farm, and they have pony and train rides. They do a free storytime on Wed morning, so the kids and I would usually go for storytime and then do activities inside the AWHC after. We would also usually bring a picnic lunch since storytime started at 10:30.

Planting pumpkin seeds as part of storytime at the AWHC:
 Taking a break in the shade:

Blake's favorite place was the Mountain Man cabin! He made sure we went there every time!

Several calves were born in June. This one is about 20-30min old!
 Blake and Nicole made pirate patches on day at story time. At the end of story time, the kids get popcorn which is a favorite!
 Kiersten enjoyed visiting the AWHC too!
 Panning for gold...Kiersten also liked to nap during our visits :)

I found this artistic self-portrait of Blake on our camera:

June 28 Kiersten rolled from her back to her tummy for the first time. Blake and Nicole were so excited about her new trick! Nicole kept saying "Good Job Girl!" That evening we went up to have dinner at Nathan's parents' place since his sister and her kids were in town. The first picture is Maren with Kiersten and the second is of the girls making hair bows with Grandma before dinner :)

In June we also played at the Splash pad with friends, got to see Monster's University in the theater thanks to Nathan's work (they rented out the theater!), went to the library a few times, and spent a lot of time playing outside!

No comments: