Oh this poor Blog! We had a busy, fun summer and when the kids were asleep we spent our time gardening and canning. Now we just have applesauce to finish canning, so maybe I can get this blog up-to-date. Since I like things in order and I don't want Kiersten to feel like I skipped 6 months of her being a baby, I will start where I left off :)
The last half of April:
We went to a fun party for one of the kids' good buddies. Blake and Nicole have been talking about gymnastics ever since!
Kiersten on April 24 - 2.5 months old
I got to help when Blake's preschool went to the airport for a field trip at the end of April. Nicole was so excited to go to preschool with Blake. The kids got to sit in an airplane and helicopter, we watched several airplanes take off and land, and they got Frisbees to take home. After, Mrs. Wood had a snack for the kids to
build back at preschool so the girls and I stayed for that. Nicole was so happy
to get to go to school with Blake! Blake loved the field trip too – he loved
seeing where they worked on airplanes especially, but he loved it all – it was
right up his alley!
Nathan had his birthday. I gave him a pruning set and the kids had
picked out a popcorn popper for him to use at work. We also gave him a bag
of popcorn kernels, some butter spray and some popcorn seasoning to use with the popcorn popper and we gave him some root beer that the kids picked out.
Nathan met us for lunch on his birthday, so we had a delicious sushi lunch together. That night we had sckooies and ice cream for Nathan's birthday dessert.
May:
Blake finished up soccer on May 2. He had a lot of fun!
Nathan's parents came to Blake's last soccer game and then came over for Refrigerator Pie to celebrate a successful month of soccer for Blake and Nathan's birthday.
My brown-eyed beauty ready for Church on May 5 - almost 3 months old
I don't have a picture for it, but Blake and Nathan went on a Father and Son's camp-out at the beginning of May with Mori. Nicole was quite upset that she couldn’t go so I told her
that we could go have ice cream with Grandma after dinner. She asked to go to
the store with the little carts to pick out ice cream, so we went to Smith’s
Marketplace. The small containers of the Private Selection ice cream were on
sale so she picked out 3 kinds – well, she wanted pink ice cream and I
basically picked the other 2 :) Then we drove up to eat some ice cream with Cindy.
Nicole was so excited when we got there! She yelled “I brought ice cream!” and
gave Cindy a huge hug as soon as she saw her. It was a fun way to spend the
evening! Too bad that the whole way home she kept asking for daddy and Blake. I
had to explain more times that I remember where they were.
Mother's Day was a good day for me! Blake had made a cute card at preschool last week and colored me another
picture this morning, Nicole colored a few pictures in nursery, and Nathan gave
me a card with a picture of a screen door for the front door – we picked one out together after our camping trip and I have LOVED it! We got a glass storm door that has a window you can open. Nathan made me waffles with strawberries, bananas and Old
Fashioned syrup for breakfast on Mother's Day – so tasty! While he was making breakfast we
called my mom because Blake wanted to sing the Grandmother song to her. She
loved it! We skyped her later in the day. Grandma and Grandpa Davis and Olivia
were there visiting so we got to skype with them too. It was fun! After
breakfast, Nathan and Blake and Nicole called Cindy to sing to her too.
May 18 we celebrated Mother's Day and Nathan's birthday with my parents, sister and grandparents in Salt Lake. It was the day after we had left Capitol Reef and gone to Cove Fort. We had lunch at this neat place in the Avenues.
We had to take 2 cars. Nathan went with Mom, Olivia and the kids and I drove
with Dad, Grandma and Grandpa. Unfortunately no one in our car grabbed our cell
phones. We arrived at the restaurant and the others were no where in sight. It
turned out that Kiersten spit up all over and had to be completely changed and
because we didn’t have our phones, they couldn’t get a hold of us. After
several minutes at the restaurant, I borrowed an employee’s phone so I could
call Nathan and find out where they were. Now whenever we get together with my family and go somewhere in 2 cars we always check that someone has a phone in each car...it's a running joke :) After lunch we went back to Mom and Dad’s house for gifts and birthday pie. It was a
fun day! It did feel nice to be in our own beds when we got home that night though!
The next day, May 19, we celebrated Mother's Day with Cindy:
Blake and Nicole showing off their Junior Ranger Badges from our Capitol Reef trip:
Picnic at Nathan's work for lunch:
Nicole's favorite ring. My mom made the ring in Junior High with her best friend. Nicole wore that ring everywhere for months...until it broke. I have the 2 pieces and one day hope to fix it. Nicole was so sad when it broke.
Blake graduated from preschool at the end of May.
We visited Nathan's sister and her family up in Afton, WY on Memorial Day. We all loved spending time together!
A few pictures of Kiersten at the end of May. She is such a smiley baby. In May Kiersten started scooting on her back and laughing. One of the first few times she was trying to laugh, she gave herself the hiccups!
Nicole got a battery-operated car stuck in her hair...luckily I was able to unwind her hair so I did not have to cut a chunk out.
May 26 we participated in a race for a family in our
neighborhood. Nathan did
the 5K and I did the 1mile race with the kids. I pushed Nicole and Kiersten in
the stroller. Blake and I ran/walked the race. We finished in 15:05 and both
ended up getting 1st place in our age divisions. Pretty sure
everyone my age that really wanted to run was doing the 5K :)
Blake was so excited about his 1st place ribbon! Nathan did good in
the 5K for not having run in a while. My legs didn’t bother me while I was
running so since then I have started to run again. I ran cross country in high school but my senior year I ran through tendonitis in my Achilles tendons. Since then, I haven't been able to run without pain. This time I started out super slow - I started with just a half mile for a few weeks and have gradually worked up to 2.5 miles so far. It feels weird running such short distances but my feet aren't hurting! I am hoping to work up to longer distances by next summer.
Well, there you have it.


























1 comment:
Way to go Sam! I enjoyed your family re-cap.
You are right about that Kiersten, she is a brown eyed beauty! Also could relate with our Grant in how Nicole doesn't like feeling left out. ;)
Post a Comment