Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yesterday I laughed a lot...

After Blake's nap and lunch yesterday we went to the grocery store. Ham was a great price, so I picked up a 5lb ham. Nathan taught me a great trick - you can go to the meat counter and have them slice your ham for you for free. They will do it as thick or as thin as you want it. Anyways, after they sliced my ham I put it in the basket. Blake started pointing at something so I started going through the treats in the diaper bag but couldn't find anything that would satisfy him. Finally I realized he wanted a piece of ham. Once we got home, I gave him a piece of ham which he quickly ate. He at a total of 3 slices before Nathan got home! Boy Blake has weird wants some days!

After he ate his first slice of ham, Blake decided he wanted his shirt off. He was wearing overalls and wanted those left on. He ran around like a hillbilly for a few hours before he took his overalls off too.

We were playing around and Blake randomly stopped to say a prayer. Then he would go back to what he was doing and then randomly stop to pray again.

Blake decided that he wanted his little yellow chair on top of his rocking chair, so that is where he put it.

One of his favorite ways to get a drink is to find either my 2 or 4 cup measuring cup, go to the bathroom, turn on the water (he can only turn it on to a trickle luckily!), and then put a little water in the cup and take a drink. One day, he refused to drink out of anything but the measuring cup.

We sure love Blake and are grateful for the joy he brings to our home!

No comments: