Thursday, October 7, 2010

My morning...

This what I got to deal with today. And this was after he used 4 or 5 wipes to get some of the ink off of his hands.

Blake was refusing to take a nap but I was so tired and not feeling good, so I laid down for a few minutes. I could hear him in the other room but I thought he was in his bedroom playing with trucks. When I went to check on him, he was in the computer room and had climbed up on a chair and found an ink pad I had been using last night. Most of the ink ended up on him, but he managed to get some on the computer table and the quilt that is on the spare bed. And he had ruined a card I had been making last night. So I made him wipe off his hands while I quickly tried to get the ink off of the quilt. Nathan saved the day by suggesting hair spray to get the ink out of the quilt and Blake's clothes - that worked miracles! After I cleaned the quilt I realized that it was going to take far too many wipes to get Blake clean so I put him in the tub for 30 minutes or more - the picture above is just before he got in the tub. He was in a pool of pink water by the time that was done. Within 45 min I had Blake as clean as he was going to get and everything else clean - except a small spot on the table which I am afraid is going to stay pink. I guess if I am going to work on crafts while having a toddler I need to completely clean up everything before he wakes up in the morning - lesson learned!

1 comment:

Megan Jones said...

I have found (through personal experience) that rubbing alcohol works well too. Perhaps more time consuming than hairspray (not sure, haven't tried it) but worked wonders when I left a pen in the pocket of my work shirt and it bled all over my load of whites. Hopefully he learned not to play with Mommy's things, but not likely!