Friday, March 18, 2011

A week ago

A week from yesterday was an exciting day at our house. When the kids and I got home from playgroup there was a big box sitting on our front porch. Our new double jogging stroller arrived! I found a great deal on a 2010 Kelty stroller - I got it for $160 or so shipped to our door (normally it is $475). I was so excited! It arrived just in time for us to enjoy a walk in the 60 degree weather that day. I LOVE being able to go on walks with the kids without having to stop at every rock or stick or bug on the sidewalk! The stroller has also gotten Blake to take a nap twice for me. Nicole loves the stroller too - every time I have put her in it I get a big grin!
That evening Nathan helped me raise the crib back up so that Nicole could start sleeping in it. We had always planned for the 2 kids to share a room but I wasn't thinking to move Nicole out of our bedroom for a little while longer. Blake has been having a hard time sleeping through the night and we had been praying to know what we could do to help him. As I was nursing Nicole early that morning the thought came to me to move Nicole into Blake's room. So Nathan and I talked about it and decided to give it a try. I think I was the only one that didn't sleep well that night :)
p.s. - for those of you who don't know, Nathan made our cirb :) I sure have a talented husband!

It has been working out well to have them share a room. Nicole goes down for the night around 8pm and Blake's bedtime is at 7:30pm (though it usually takes him til after 8 to fall asleep). Nicole usually wakes up once to eat between 4:30&5:30am and goes right back to sleep for another hour or more (though every so often she will wake up around 2:30am as well). Then Blake wakes up around 6:30 for the morning. Things are still far from perfect with Blake's sleeping (last night for some reason he didn't fall asleep til nearly 10pm which never happens when we are at home), but Nicole's sleeping habits haven't changed and Blake's are no worse.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I love my kelty double stroller! Good choice. That sounds like a great deal. I think I paid a little more than that to get one off of KSL (it had only been used once).

Kate said...

I got so happy reading this post about your two kids sharing a room because that's what we plan to do later on this year too! Glad to know it's working well for you guys...so cute to have them both in there together. ;)