Wednesday, December 21, 2011

First 2 weeks of December

Like many of you, our December has been busy and has flown by! We are excited for Christmas. I have been happy that Blake is talking about Baby Jesus and the nativity more than Santa...though he is excited for Santa!

We have been doing an advent calendar this month. My friend Ann made me the cute advent calendar below I think my Freshman year of High School. She filled it with small gifts. I had so much fun with it and have saved it so that I can use it with my kids. This year I put a puzzle piece and a scripture in each pocket (link to where I got the scriptures and puzzle: http://lds.about.com/od/crafts/a/advent_calendar.htm). Blake has so much fun each morning pulling out the pieces and finding where they fit. It has also been a good way to incorporate the scriptures each day. On Christmas we will read Luke 2 and Matthew 2 to finish it up.
Blake and I have been setting up his train tracks several times a week. We have fun, but we have to do it while Nicole is sleeping because she likes to take the tracks apart!
We visited Santa (I'll have to scan in the picture) and Nicole would not let go of her candy cane.

We have been playing with friends too. One day I watched the Kelsey kids so Tami could do some shopping. The 4 kids and I had fun with hats:
 At our church Christmas party Blake got to sing with the primary kids. The Senior nursery kids have been coming into primary for singing time since Thanksgiving so he learned the songs they were singing. He knows the words but was shy and just stood there during the performance.




1 comment:

James +Tami + Max said...

Busy busy girl you are! funny the Nicole would not let go of her candy cane. did she even eat it? Your advent calader is a great idea. i guess i have had one in my house for a few years now and didn't know it.