All the stockings hung in a row...
Our tree...
Christmas morning when we heard the kids wake up we went
into their bedroom before they could come out. Then we all went into the living
room together. I don’t think Blake realized that Santa had come at first, but
it didn’t take long! We all opened stockings first. Nathan surprised me with a gift
card to Texas Roadhouse in my stocking! I guess we had a lot of rewards points,
so he cashed some in for a gift card…now we will have to have a date night!
The
kids had a blast opening gifts! In front of the gifts was sitting a big rig
that Nathan made out of wood. Blake was so excited about it! The first gifts we
had the kids open were the ones to each other…they gave each other motorcycles :) It was cute!
For weeks, Blake kept saying that Nicole was going to give him a motorcycle for Christmas. Amazingly I ran across a
small toy motorcycle at the Dollar Store because I was not going to pay $8-9 for a small motorcycle. Great find at the dollar
store! A few days before Christmas, I asked Blake if he wanted to give Nicole a book for
Christmas (I had picked up one about Noah’s Ark at the dollar store I was hoping he
would want to give her). Blake said no- that he wanted to get her a pink
motorcycle…seriously?! I asked him a few more times over the course of a few
hours and he always responded that he wanted to give Nicole a pink motorcycle.
Luckily, the motorcycles I found at the dollar store were pink, blue or yellow
so right before preschool that day we headed to the dollar store.
Opening their other gifts:
The kids in their new clothes (from their Grandma and Grandpa Payne) ready for Church:
Around noon on Christmas, Mom, Dad and
Olivia got to our house. We munched on some things for lunch and then at 1pm we
all went to church together. I loved having Christmas on a Sunday! The perfect
way to celebrate Christ’s birth! Nathan sang in the choir which sounded
beautiful.
After church we hung around and skyped Grandma and Grandpa Davis.
Mori and Cindy came over around 4:30 and we all had a delicious Christmas
dinner. A little while after dinner, Mom, Dad and Olivia left to head home.
Mori and Cindy stayed til bedtime. What a wonderful Christmas Day!
1 comment:
Looks like every one had a wonderful time! Well done. LOVE that Nathan hand made a truck for Blake; it looks perfect!
Post a Comment