Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! We managed to have some Valentine's Day fun despite having a little boy on the tail end of croup and a little girl with a runny nose.

Nothing like a little sugar to start out the morning. The kids got a sucker with their surprise in the morning. Blake got a Cars2 card game and Nicole got some new hair clips. I was able to get them to wait until after breakfast to open their suckers at least :)

Monday evening Nathan surprised me with these gorgeous tulips which I will plant out in the garden and enjoy for years to come! Valentine's morning he surprised me again with a Hilary Weeks CD which I love! I didn't get him anything special - a personalized card with photos of the family on it, a new game (called Toss Up), and a picture frame for a certificate he got at work.

The kids shared some kisses in front of all their Valentine's cards they got in the mail. The card in the center is the one I made Nathan. The other cards are from my Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa Davis, and Aunt Paula. Luckily the cards came on 3 separate days- the kids were so excited to open the mail each day! Thank you for making their Valentine's Day so fun!!!

Blake. he had to wear his Spiderman shirt since he received a Spiderman card from Paula the day before :)

At lunch we picked up Nathan and went up to USU for Ice Cream. Since the kids were a little sick that was our only outing for the day...we had to postpone our playdates :(

I made a fancy dinner while the kids finished their naps and watched Cars2. Crab stuffed chicken with buttered egg noodles and steamed broccoli. It was delicious!
 Nicole. She loves to dress up! It is not uncommon for her to be wearing 2 or 3 capes for multiple hours in a day.

Hope you got to celebrate the day with someone you love...I was lucky to spend it with 3 of my favorite people!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Super cute. Looks like there was a little bit of fun in this holiday for every one! Hope Blake is doing better!

Ashley Ann said...

Looks like you had a very nice day. The dinner you made looks delicious!