In case you missed it on facebook, Nathan finished a good chunk of the permanent shelves in our cold storage a few weeks ago. I LOVE it! We have had temporary shelving in our cold storage since we moved in. Our buckets had been stacked directly on the concrete - not good. Nathan has so far built shelves along the outer walls of our cold storage. As you can see, he built the shelves tall enough to stack 2 buckets underneath.
We have been able to fit all of our food storage on the shelves so far,
but Nathan is going to build shelves along one other wall. For the
fourth wall he is going to build a can rotater. I am so excited for it all to be complete, but what he has finished has made a huge difference! (and at the moment we have enough space for what food we have)
We are still working on our food storage goal of having a year supply, but we do have our 3 month supply and our water storage. And to see everything organized nicely makes me want to meet our goal even more!
3 comments:
That is awesome! I can't wait to have room for food storage...our condo isn't set up for it now- someday!!!
How wonderful and exciting for you!! I love it when the pantry is organized and pretty-part of my OCD I guess. Way to go you guys!!
Woah! This reminds me of the movie Blast from the Past. :)
Post a Comment