The week before St Patrick's Day, the USU Museum of Anthropology had
an exhibit about the holiday. Since Nathan had to work all afternoon, I
took the kids.
I wasn’t sure where to park so we
ended up walking up the huge hill at the bottom of Old Main. (I did find a
better parking lot to park in for the next time!) The museum was small
but the kids had fun.
We got to see an Irish Dancing Demonstration during which the instructor taught the kids a few dance steps.
We started a scavenger hunt, but it was too hard for the kids so we
moved on to making a treasure box.
They told Blake that you decorate the box
and then hide it by your bed the night before St Patrick’s Day. A leprechaun
will come during the night and put a surprise in your box and hide it for you
to find. Well, after Blake made the box I tried to leave, but Blake started crying.
He wanted a surprise for his box. I didn’t have anything to put in his box, so
we went back to finish the scavenger hunt so he could get a little piece of
candy. It was kind of annoying but he was so happy once he got the mini candy
bar to put in his box. Then we could leave.
1 comment:
I give you so much credit for hiking up Old Main Hill with two tots! Looks like it was a fun activity. :)
Post a Comment