***May 30- June2****
I found this post that I did and never published. Since my journal writing in June is pretty bad (that's when I started feeling sick and we found out I was pregnant), I wanted to be sure to get this post on the blog. I will leave it on the top of the blog here for a bit so everyone can see it and then put the post where it belongs chronologically :)
I was pretty nervous about Nathan leaving for a week. It was the first time he really had to travel for work. I was worried that the kids wouldn't understand what was going on and that I would end up having a hard week. So after he had been gone 2 nights and Blake was done with his last day of preschool the kids and I headed down to Sandy to spend a few nights with my parents.
On our way down, we stopped in Bountiful to see Nikki and get frozen yogurt with her:
The next day we headed down to Utah County and visited with my Grandma and Grandpa Davis. We all walked across the street and played at the park, which the kids loved! Then we headed to BYU to have lunch with Olivia. I also visited 2 of my old dietetics professors while we were on campus. Then we went to visit my Grandma Payne. I even got to do some sewing at her house (I helped her alter some clothes) which I don't get to do as often as I would like to! After all those visits, the only picture I snapped was the one below of Nicole and her Grandma Davis.
That evening we went to Build-A-Bear so Nicole could make a cow. She and Blake have been fighting over his bear and Nicole loves cows so I thought it was time for a Build-a-Bear Visit :)
The kids love my parents' big tub!
Nicole and her new cow:
Blake got a bug catching kit with some money that my dad had given him. Blake was quite excited about it. In fact, he had seen the bug catcher in the store when he had bought his big rig last month and wanted it. I told him he didn't have enough money so he decided that the next time he had money to spend, he would get the bug catcher. My dad has a bucket where he puts all of his change and he lets the kids take a handful out every so often. When we were visiting, dad let the kids get some change and Blake wanted to go right to the store. So we did - he got the bug catcher and Nicole got a butterfly that plays songs.
When we got back to mom and dad's place, Blake had to go hunting for a bug. They ended up finding a beetle, which we transported home in the bug catcher.
Going on a wagon ride with Grandma and Grandpa:
We had a fun little trip, but it would have been even better if Nathan had been with us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment