We have been getting strawberries for a while, but Blake picks them and eats them right off the plant. Blake thinks it is so fun to go looking for strawberries...I just have to watch him or he sometimes picks the green ones. I think Nathan and I have one or two strawberries each! On Saturday, we had our first real harvest from our garden - sugar snap peas and one tomato. Our lettuce is finally growing enough that we should be able to harvest some of that soon too. The other plants seem to be doing well too so hopefully in a month or so we should be getting lots of delicious things to eat right from our backyard!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Garden Harvest 1
We have been getting strawberries for a while, but Blake picks them and eats them right off the plant. Blake thinks it is so fun to go looking for strawberries...I just have to watch him or he sometimes picks the green ones. I think Nathan and I have one or two strawberries each! On Saturday, we had our first real harvest from our garden - sugar snap peas and one tomato. Our lettuce is finally growing enough that we should be able to harvest some of that soon too. The other plants seem to be doing well too so hopefully in a month or so we should be getting lots of delicious things to eat right from our backyard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment