Wednesday, October 12, 2011

General Conference

The first weekend of October is General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint. My friend from our ward in Provo, Lori Berrett, posted a good idea for General Conference on their blog and I decided to copy it so me and the kids went to the dollar store before playgroup and spent $3. I printed off pictures of the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 (4 pictures of Pres Monson). Then we put the planes, dinosaurs, and markers we bought at the dollar store along with some snacks into sandwich bags. I stapled a picture of one of the First Presidency or member of the Quorum of the 12 on each bag. When the person speaks during General Conference, Blake got to find the bag with his picture on it and Blake will get whatever is in the bag.

I loved General Conference! Before the Sat morning session we got a few little things done out back. We had our little conference activity ready for Blake, which he loved! He loved matching the pictures on the bag with the person speaking. It was also nice for us because we were able to listen to pretty much everything! In between the 2 sessions Sat, we painted the shed. It looks so nice! We still have to paint the trim, but it looks much better. During the afternoon session, both kids slept for the first hour so that was nice. During priesthood session, the kids and I went on a walk. It was a very nice evening.

Sunday, Oct 2 my parents, Grandma and Grandpa Davis, and my sister Olivia came up. They wanted to see the grass. It was fun hanging out with them and watching conference with them! Nathan made us a Brazilian meal for lunch so I didn’t even have to cook :) They left after the last session of Conference.


We were all needing to move around after sitting for so long listening to General Conference so Nathan, Nikki, the kids and I went to the park for a bit before bed time.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I really like that idea for conference baggies. Also, it's good to see a picture of you on your blog. You look cute!

Lori said...

I'm so glad your kids liked Conference too. Our kids loved it, and I got more out of Conference this year than I have in a long time. I think the baggie idea will be a tradition that we'll continue for years to come.
Thank goodness for the internet and good Conference ideas!

Ashley Ann said...

Sounds like you had a great conference weekend! The little bags with pictures are an excellent idea!