Friday, October 14, 2011

One of those days...

I am emotionally drained. Temper tantrums, spilled milk at breakfast, pee in the living room (lots of pee!), more crying, Nicole trying to get into all of the spills....it's just been one of those days! In between temper tantrums, we did make it over to the produce stand to get some big pumpkins for the porch since all of ours are small. The kids loved walking around the pumpkins. Thankfully at the moment Nicole is sleeping and Blake is playing quietly in the front room with his train tracks...mommy needed a break! We are going to the orchard tonight with some friends so hopefully that is fun and doesn't include crying.

Just so the post isn't too negative, here is a picture of me a few weeks ago with the desserts I made for a girls night at our house. I made eclairs, chocolate dipped strawberries and brigaderos (a chocolate Brazilian dessert)...boy was it all good!


3 comments:

Kate said...

I can so relate Sam! I also wanted to say that I am still SO impressed that you whipped out such gourmet desserts that not only looked PERFECT but tasted scrumdillyumptious! So glad we have girls nights...looking forward to our next one next week!

James +Tami + Max said...

Who doesn't have those days. Max has picked up on his moodieness lately. We sure have fun with you guys. Glad your our neighbors so we get to enjoy your company and food.

JeAnna said...

I'm REALLY mad I missed it! Looks delicious.
Sorry about your day. This morning Duke woke up ridiculously early and the second I finally got him back to sleep Addie woke up...motherhood is just like that sometimes.