Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

I think that Easter is probably my favorite holiday. Not because of the Easter eggs, spring flowers or fun animals - but because of the reason we celebrate Easter. I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who sent His son to earth to teach us and to provide us with the wonderful gifts of the atonement and resurrection. Because Christ died for us and raised from the dead 3 days later, we too can be resurrected beings. Because our Father let His Son become our Savior and suffer for us in Gethsemane, we are able to repent and become worthy to return to live with our Father and Mother in Heaven. I am grateful that if I take advantage of the gift of the atonement I can live in the eternities with the family I grew up with as well as the family Nathan and I are creating and the family Nathan grew up with. I know that I will be able to see my sister Stephanie again. I know that my Savior lives and loves me.




1 comment:

Katie May said...

Wow, Sam. I actually was thinking a lot about Stephanie this past week as we celebrated Easter. This time of year usually reminds me of your family and what a joyous occasion it will be for you all, as well as for all of us to be reunited with those who have passed. Thanks for sharing your feelings and testimony. I'm grateful to be your friend because I've always drawn strength from you.