Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Parent-tot Nature Hour

Before I post about our Easter festivities and the fun trip me and the kids went on last week, I wanted to post about a fun activity me and the kids did almost 2 weeks ago.

Every other Friday the Stokes Nature Center has a parent-tot nature hour for 2-3 year old kids. I have been wanting to take Blake for a while, but you have to park and then walk 1/3 mile along a dirt path to the Nature Center which is in Logan Canyon (so some of the walk is up hill). When I was pregnant I was nervous about going because I had never been there and didn't know how hard the walk would be and then since Nicole was born the weather hasn't cooperated...most Fridays it has either rained, snowed been muddy or very windy and cold (it hasn't really felt like spring up here yet!). So I was happy when April 15 it was in the mid 40s and it hadn't rained in a few days so we packed up and went to parent-tot hour. It was all about ladybugs - they sang songs, read a story, went outside to look for lady bugs (too cold to see any but the kids had fun looking!) and made a ladybug puppet. Blake loved it! Nicole slept through some of it - when she did wake up, she loved watching everything. Too bad this Friday morning it is supposed to rain again because I really wanted to take the kids again! Guess we will have to wait til next time

Walking back to the car. His ladybug puppet did have googly eyes but one fell off and got lost so I took the other and put it in my pocket.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

How fun! I wish they did something like this around here.

Kate said...

So glad to hear this was fun! We'll have to join you guys later on this year when Benjamin turns 2. Cute pic of Blake with his ladybug and Nicole sitting contently in the stroller. ;)