Friday, April 1, 2011

My Day

I had a fun day today! Nathan took the day off to spend some one-on-one time with Blake and I took Nicole to the Utah Dietetic Association Annual Conference. The conference was actually 2 days but I didn't feel up to going both days with a little baby so I just went today. It was so nice to get out and see my dietetic friends again and to listen to the speakers! Nicole was very good! The boys had fun enjoying the outdoors with the nice weather that we had. Blake has been acting out a little bit lately - I think because he wants attention - so it was good for him to have a day with dad :)

One neat thing happened this week with relation to the Conference. I am the Utah Dietetic Association Public Relation Chair. I really have no idea what I am doing in this position, but am slowly figuring it out. (maybe after my 2 years I will have it down!) Anyways, the UDA president had an idea Monday to send out a press release about our conference that way if it was a slow news day maybe someone would do a story on it. So I worked for a few hours Monday writing my first press release and figuring out how to send it off to the news people. I ended up getting it sent to the Deseret News, Salt Lake Tribune, KSL, KUTV, ABC4, and Fox13 by Tuesday morning. Well, guess who showed up to the conference yesterday? Big Budah from Fox 13 News! I guess Big Budah was looking for me but since I wasn't there, they interviewed Megan who is the conference organizer. (I would have rather had her do the interview anyways!!!) I was soooo glad that someone came! If you want to see the clip, go here. I have been so glad to be able to volunteer with the UDA - it gets me doing something with dietetics even though I am not working.

2 comments:

JoandDoug said...

Way to go! You're so awesome. UDA is lucky to have you! I'm so sad I missed UDA this year. It's just way to hard to get there in the middle of tax season though. I will definitely go if it's ever after April 15th! I really do miss it though. Way to go again!

JeAnna said...

That's awesome!! And I learned something new about you...I had no idea you were involved in stuff like that. That really is cool.