Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blake's 2nd Birthday



This month Blake has been spoiled! On his Birthday he got to open 3 gifts from mom and dad first thing in the morning - an animal coloring book, a sticker book and ABC magnets. After his nap that day, Blake and I went to get a smoothie at Jamba Juice and then we met Nathan at his work for a picnic. Blake was so excited that they gave him his very own little cup at Jamba Juice :) We had a fun picnic by the pond at Nathan's work - it was very relaxing!




After, Nathan went back to work and Blake & I went to Kmart. I usually avoid shopping at Kmart but Blake had $5 in birthday bucks to spend. He picked out a Thomas the Train coloring book and 2 matchbox trucks. He now carries those 2 trucks around everywhere he goes - his other matchbox trucks have been replaced :) Luckily those little trucks are less than a dollar because I think we are going to end up with a little collection!

That evening Nathan's parents came over for dinner - we had stir fry and Blake's favorite...corn on the cob. Since we already had birthday cake and I didn't want a whole bunch of cake around the house for a week, we had birthday brownies (which were actually left over from Relief Society a few days earlier - shhh, don't tell Blake!). I don't think Blake noticed a difference. He made Nathan blow out the candles though...oh well. I can't believe my little boy is 2!

1 comment:

James +Tami + Max said...

Wow! You have been doing so much. I was just catching up on your blog. I really like that Max shoes one. I tried talking about it in nursery today, it kind of worked but not really.
I still can't believe he is 2! Now I think he is to old for Max or Max is to young for him and Blake won't want to play with us anymore.