Friday, August 6, 2010

Pork and Zucchini Recipe


One of my callings at church is to be in charge of the recipe group for Relief Society. This month we are going to be sharing recipes using vegetables out of our garden. I have had several people say they don't know what to do with zucchini, so I have been playing around with recipes using zucchini and yellow squash, which tastes similar to zucchini. We are getting a lot of it out of our garden right now anyways!

I made up a really good recipe this week - if I do say so myself :) - and we have already had it twice, so I thought I would share it with you. I took pictures the first time I made it so that if it did turn out I could use them for our Relief Society Meeting in a few weeks. I haven't come up with a name for it, so if you have any suggestions let me know...maybe Pork and Zucchini Stir Fry?



Ingredients:
approx 1 lb Boneless Pork Ribs or Boneless Pork Chops
3 Zucchini or Yellow Squash
BBQ Sauce
Teriyaki sauce
Rice

Cut squash into long, thin strips. Steam in microwave approx 3 min. Cut Pork into small pieces and place in large skillet. Cover in equal parts Teriyaki and BBQ sauce. Simmer until meat is cooked. Add squash. If desired, add more sauce. Cook for a few minutes until squash are cooked through. Serve over Rice.

No comments: