Here are some more pictures of our fun weekend in Park City. We swam, played shuffle board, walked around in the gorgeous weather, and rode the free trolley. We had so much fun! ...That is until the drive home. Blake was very fussy and irritable which made for a very long ride to Logan.
The day after we got home, Blake had a very poor appetite and then he had a fever that night. The next day we found red splotches on his hands and feet. Turns out he picked up Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (not to be confused with hoof and mouth disease which cows get) somewhere. I guess there is an incubation period of 3-7 days once you get the virus before symptoms appear so he probably picked it up before we went to Park City. I found at least one sore in his mouth but he never got blisters on his hands and feet which I was grateful for. After a few days, he was back to his normal self. I guess the virus is fairly common this time of year in children. During times like that, I wish Blake could talk more because then he could let me know when things are bothering him. I always feel bad when I find out that he has been getting sick or getting a tooth or something because I wonder how long things have been bothering him before I figured it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment