The day before Mother's Day, Nathan made me crepes for breakfast so my Mother's Day started a day early :) Later that day, Nathan surprised me with a 2 burner camp stove. I am so excited! I have been wanting one so that I can do my bottling outside. Also, we have a flat, glass stove top and it is not good to can on those - they will crack because of the sustained heat. So now I don't have to worry about my stove cracking and my house won't heat up! The stove also came with a carrying bag which is a bonus.
Mother's Day morning Nathan made me pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. Church went really well. Blake was so excited to sing in Sacrament Meeting. He even remembered some of the words to one of the songs!
After church we quickly had lunch and packed up to head to Sandy. Nicole fell right asleep which was great and Blake actually stayed awake til the last 30 min or so – which worked out really good. I was really hoping Blake wouldn’t sleep the whole way! Shortly after we got to Mom and Dad’s place, Olivia got there. We spent the afternoon out in the backyard because it was a gorgeous day! A little while later Lynn and MaryAnn (my uncle and aunt) brought Grandma Payne over. Then a few hours later Grandma and Grandpa Davis got there. Dad barbequed kabobs and we had a wonderful dinner.
I love this picture I got of my sister Olivia and my Mom - 2 beautiful women!
My dad and my Grandma Payne:
Having fun on the hammock:
The kids being silly with the window:
Blake wouldn't cooperate for photos with his Great-Grandmas but Nicole did. The first picture is with Nicole's Grandpa Payne and Great-Grandma Payne and the second is Nicole with her Great-Grandma Davis.
More fun in the backyard...Nicole with her Grandma Payne and Nicole with her daddy:
Olivia made delicious cupcakes – S’More and Churro cupcakes. They
were delicious!
It was a really nice Mother’s Day afternoon and evening!
It was great to be with my Mom and both of my Grandmothers for Mother’s
Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment