Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nail Polish

Nicole loves all things girl! Yesterday morning, Nicole had just had her diaper changed when I needed to help Blake for a minute. Nicole had seen my nail polish (which is in a drawer in our bathroom out of reach of the kids) and wanted to hold one. I figured that the lid was going to be too hard for her to open and that it would be ok for her to hold for a minute while I helped Blake, so instead of listening to her cry about it I gave it to her. I was wrong!
Nicole sat down and opened the bottle right up. Then she tried to paint her toe nails and in the process dumped most of the bottle out on her lap! Miraculously, only a tiny drop got on the carpet (which Nathan was able to get out with no problem) and she happened to be wearing nothing but her diaper so her clothes weren't ruined. I got lucky! We couldn't get the paint off of her skin in a bath or using nail polish remover, so I just put black pants on her so that if it did rub off it wouldn't ruin the pants.
Below is what was left on her foot after her first bath...see I told you she was trying to paint her toe nail. She just got the wrong side :)
After breakfast Blake needed a bath and Nicole wanted to get back in the tub so I gladly let her. She played with Blake in the tub for quite a while and a lot of the nail polish did come off. Later in the day I tried to paint her toe nails for her and she got quite mad at me because she wanted to do it herself - Nicole will have to wait several more years for me to allow her to do that again!

1 comment:

Ashley Ann said...

That is a funny story. How cute of her to want to be so independent all ready!